Urology Community
Do Urologist play ball- 3 strikes you're out?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

About 3 months ago,I felt a small hard ball tha size of a dime in my testes.I went to see a urologist,did an ultra,and the doc determined I had a hydrocele.Took a course of antibiotics.No need to worry-I was in no pain and "sometimes normal in men my age (57)" he said.Last week  I noticed that tha ball had gotten much bigger and hard,but still no discomfort.I went to a different doc and he told me I had Epididymitis and he said that the Epididymitis was large and hard due to the infection and recommended surgery. I went to another doc for a third opinion and he said it was a tumor(maybe cancer) that had to be removed.So there you have it from hydrocele to Epididymitis to Cancer.I am now turning to you for advice, help or any info you can give me.I'm afraid that if I go to another doc for a fourth opinion he might tell me I'm supposed to be dead>
If it were me I'd ask them to try to rule out cancer. In any case keep at the doctors. Sometimes you have to push them to get an answer/treatment that you need.