Do pus cells in semen effect miscarriages.
My semen culture report shows "GRAM STAIN: Occasional pus cells and Gram positive cocci in pairs seen & ORGANISM ISOLATED: Moderate growth of Coagulase negative Staphylococci'". what does it really mean. does it effect my fertility or it will cause any miscarriages to my spouse due to this. please answer to this. what antibiotic is the best for this. culture & sensitivty of semen does not show any sensitivity or resistant to any antibiotic.
Hi there!

The test shows GU infection with a common organism. It can affect fertility and if transmitted to the partner can cause miscarriages. The culture and sensitivity has to show either sensitivity or resistance. When more than a single antibiotic are found sensitive, the best suitable antibiotic is chosen on the basis of clearance on the test and side effects. I would be best to discuss the situation and suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks for the reply sir. But in Growth observed it shows "Insignificant" report does not shows any sensitivity or resistant to any antibiotic in my semen analysis report. please help me further to plan children.
All my Spouse reports are normal CBC, Thyroid, torch, GTT, Lupus anticoagulant study,Anti phospholipid antibody IgG & IgM , Anticardiolipin antibody IgG & IgM. Except kariyotype their is a inversion in 10th chrosome. Genetic counseller told us that this will not lead to miscarriage but kariyotype of the amionotic fluid has to be tested in 4 month only.
Hence i request you to please help me whether semen  will effect the miscarriage or not since it is insignificant.