Urology Community
Double urine stream - what to expect at doctor's office

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have a double urine stream whenever I urinate. I scheduled an appointment with an urologist. What can I expect on my first visit? I am nervous.
Avatar dr f tn

Are there other signs or symptoms present? How long have you been experiencing this?   A complete history, physical and pelvic examination and some tests may be done to reach a clinical diagnosis. Urinalysis, urine culture or uroflowmetry may be done depending on the initial findings. The urologist will ask you to describe your symptoms, their severity and frequency. For some, a visit to the urologist or any doctor brings about anxiety, but always remember that they are there to help you and to find out what's wrong with you. Take care and good luck on your appointment. Do keep us posted.
Hello doc,
Thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay in responding. By the way, I am a 27 year old male. Yes, there are symptoms. I experience a double stream or spraying most of the times when I urinate. I have been experiencing this for like 5 or 6 years (not sure) but, for the past few days it is very frequent. Sometimes, the urine is cloudy. I have my appointment in another few days.