Urology Expert Forum
Dribbling ejaculation

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Dribbling ejaculation

I am 24 and my semen has always dribbled out instead of shooting out.  Does this mean anything?  Is it likely to affect fertility?  Even if there is no medical problem, I would like to be able to shoot.  Is there a way to make this change?  Thanks for any advice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dan,
The consistency of semen can change intermittently. Often,  these changes go undetected. However the fact that your are able to have normal ejaculation is encouraging. The volume of the fluid produced as semen is due to excretion from several male glands. These are :  the prostate (located between the bladder and rectum,  the seminal vesicles ( connected to the back of the bladder), and the testicles
( in the scrotum ) . The force of the ejaculate is due to rhythmic contraction of muscles of the urethra, vas deferens  and musculature of the perineum.
There is no obvious difficulty with decreased ejaculate force. No therapy is required unless difficulties with fertility develop in the future. If these were to occur, several tests could be performed. We have several experts in male fertility as  male sexual
function to whom you could be referred should you wish further consultation. This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
HFHS MD-KR
*keyword: ejaculation