Urology Expert Forum
Dried Semen
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dried Semen

Within the last few months I've noticed that when I ejaculate, some of my semen is dried up, almost geletin-like, within the rest of it (which is normal).  It's not hard or in any particular shape...but I'd say the dried parts are never bigger than a pea.
I started taking Propecia in late January, and I'm thinking this might be the cause.  It's really annoying and I would think quite unattractive for women to see.  Is there anything you can think of that might change this?  Thank you for any help.  
Tags: semen
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
I am not aware of Propecia causing any changes in the character of the semen.

If there is continuing concern, you may want to consider a semen analysis to evaluate to following characteristics:

* Measurement of semen volume and pH
* Microscopy for debris and agglutination
* Assessment of sperm concentration, motility, and morphology
* Sperm leukocyte count
* Search for immature germ cells.

Any infection or anatomical abnormality would influence the agglutination or clumping of the semen.  The analysis would be the first step to determine if this was the case.

A urology referral should be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0 Comments
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank