Dripping after urinating
I'm a 40 year old male and i ve noticed that over the last couple of years or so that after i ve urinated and walked away that i leak a small amount (even after shaking).This only happens after urinating......i never leak any other time.I ve read on the internet about ' milking....firmly pressing the tube behind the scrotum to expel any urine left in the tube'.I have tried this and it seems to work;but i was wondering if this is normal and would it still be advisable to see my GP ?

Thanks Tom

This discussion is related to Extra drops inside after urination..
     How are you? It is not unusual for men to leak a bit of urine after they think they have finished urinating. A survey has shown that 40 per cent of all men over 40 have this problem. One important thing to note, however, is that a male urethra, which is about 15-20 cm long, is not a straight tube. If a little urine collects in the upper curve, it might not come out while you are urinating and then drip out afterwards. As you mentioned milking the urethra can help in emptying the bladder.

Also exercises strengthening the muscles around the place where the urine pools (pelvic floor muscles) helps the urethra to empty more efficiently and avoids after-dribble.
If this doesn't help and you still leak more than a few drops you should consult your doctor.
Best.
Thanks for your advice .