Urology Community
Dull ache in groin/perineum/scrotum region

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am a 22 year old male and for a week I have been experiencing some mysterious "aches" right behind my left testicle between the scrotum, perineum and groin region.

The ache seems to move around and is not constant. Sometimes I feel it in the back of my testicle (but not actually on the testicle it self) after I sit for very long hours at work or on the bus. However, I do feel it again in my perineum area often and recently also felt it near the buttocks near groin area.

The feeling itself is hard to describe. It feels like there is a lump there but when I checked I didn’t feel anything. Or sometimes it feels like the eraser end of a pencil poking right behind the left testicle in the groin and perineum region. I also feel the ache when I squeeze the muscles in the perineum.

There seems to be no problem with urinating such as burning or pain. Ever since this weird ache started I stopped masturbating. Three weeks ago I did have protected sex with a random girl I met at a club. And about a week ago I woke up to my testicles hurting a lot because I fell asleep in my work clothes (tight pants and briefs giving me a tight wedgie for about 10 hours).

There seems to be a very mild swelling on the left side of the groin/scrotum area. You will only be able to tell if you actually focus on it and compare right side to left side. I also started icing it and applying Ben gay and doing groin stretches incase it turns out to be a groin muscle issue. It does add some sort of relief because of the coldness effect from ice and Ben Gay but the ache eventually comes back.

Anyways, this is really worrying me. I am a healthy guy. I work out at the gym often as well and eat healthy. These are some of the stuff I researched on: bladder infection, cystitis, prostatitis, epididymitis, hernia, hydrocele but I still don’t know if I might have any of such problems.

I’m very anxious because I don’t know whether it is an STD, or some sort of other infection, or gradual growth of a lump, or maybe muscle/tendon issue, or fluid build up. I spoke to three doctors. One told me to ice it, one gave me fucidin cream and another one is sending me for an ultrasound.

It might not be even be anything and it might be paranoid over every sensation in my body due to my heightened level of anxiety. But please, I need your help in determining what this issue could be. I’m going to another doctor this week (my proper family doctor) as well. Things like this completely over take my mind and ruin quality of my life.