Urology Expert Forum
Dull pain and blood in urine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dull pain and blood in urine

I am a 55 year old male. About two weeks I woke up with a dull, achy pain or soreness on my right side. It is not a constant pain. If I lie or sit or bend in a certain way, I will feel it. i have had no fever. Today I went to urgent care at a local clinic to see a doctor. He had a nurse do a urine test which the doctor said was almost normal. He said it might indicate blood in the urine. I am scheduled to see my family doctor next week and will have a urinalysis done before I see him. The urgent care doctor said if the urinalysis indicated blood in the urine, my doctor might have me undergo an involved kidney exam where dye is injected.
About a year ago I had a urinalysis done which indicated protein in the urine. As a result, I had a CT scan of my abdomen done with a dye injected. The results were normal except for a fatty liver.I also have diabetes type 2 and high blood pressure. I am about 100 pounds overweight.In the past three weeks I have been walking at a fast pace for about 40 minutes every other day.
The doctor at the Urgent Care facility gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxant-flexeril and told me to take Alieve twice a day.
I am concerned about the possibility of this being some type of cancer-kidney, bladder etc. Wouldn't any abnormalities have shown up on my CT scan.