Urology Community
EXTREME pain on urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

EXTREME pain on urination

For the last few years my partner has not been able to urinate more than once in the morning because he has EXTREME lower abdominal pain that is burning. He rolls around on the floor in pain but won't see a Dr!! He is 29 years old. We had an STD test about 5 years ago when we met and everything was negative. for everything. We have not been with anyone except each other since then. I hope you can help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Extreme pain on urination can be due to bladder infection causing interstitial cystitis or urethritis. Other causes can be prostatitis or obstruction in the flow of urine. Prostatitis can be Bacterial and abacterial and acute (sudden and short period) and chronic (carrying on for long time) types. The usual presentation is pain at the base of the tip of the penis and also to the base.

It can also be associated with pain after passing of urine, a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bladder and a need to go to pass urine very often though with little or no urine. A culture of the expressed prostatic secretions (EPS) can help in ruling out or confirming the diagnosis. A test named as Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test can also help as PSA is raised in Prostatis. An Urologist can diagnose the condition by digital examination.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted. Kind regards.