Urology Community
E.coli Treatement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

E.coli Treatement

After a visit to my doctor I was placed on Doxycycline 100mg to treat Chlamydia, some days later I have been experiencing some tenderness on and around my libia minora. Having once been treated for E.coli I'm a bit worried it may have reoccured. The report on my first infection indicated that it is resistant to Avelox, Cefuroxime, Tavanic & Norfloxacin and sensitive to Ceftriaxone, Ceclor, Ceftazidime, Gentamycin & Augmentin. I am wondering if it is the case that I now once again have E.coli will the medication I'm currently taking (Doxycycline) also address this infection?

This discussion is related to very concerned, please help us.
      Thanks for writing in. Treatment of urinary tract infection is based on using the appropriate antibiotic for the organism causing the infection. As, your culture & sensitivity report mentions sensitivity to cephalosporin, I would suggest that you take a course of these druga than doxycycline, which belongs to tetracycline group of antibiotics.
Best.