Urology Expert Forum
Ejaculatory Duct Obstruction

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Ejaculatory Duct Obstruction

Hi, I recently had surgery for EDO. Let me tell the story. Theres a situation where I went to ejaculate, but I flexed what I thought to be my bladderneck, but now I know was the external sphincter, I did this for whatever reason. Anyways, during that ejaculation, there was a sudden feeling that something went wrong, kinda like when you break a bone, but there was no pain. From then on I had what seemed to be restricted ejaculations. Some came out but not nearly like it should. Then during another ejaculation, i felt a POP, that was scary for me. from that point everything just got worse. I started getting hardly and ejaculate, and started to get the sensation that I needed to pee constantly! And when I did pee, very little came out. It got up to peeing 20 times a day. So I started going to a urologist to find out the problem, my seminal vesicles were oversize, one was up to 18 mm, so it was hypothesized that I had EDO. Which makes sense. So I had a transurethral resection of the ejaculatory ducts. For some reason the doctor also decided to take some muscle of my bladder neck, my bladder neck was raised and oversize, the doctor said it was from to much caffeine, which I do drink alot of! But he made an incision at 5 and 7 oclock and removed the muscle in between. I was VERY unhappy to have heard this! I could have just stopped drinking caffeine. He said the tissue removed from my prostate had shown to be from signs of bladderneck hypertrophy, which is why i think the doctor made the decision that he made. So now, I have farrrrr more problems. My ejaculate still isnt enough, it still feels like its getting stuck in my prostate and pressurizing. I was getting more semen after the surgery, but after 3 ejaculations, I had a nocturnal emission, in which nothing came out, which worried me, so I ejaculated once more, and again... nothing came out!! and it hurt terribly! Theres a 2000 character limit to this so ill post another to finsih the story.
I can't answer your questions. Perhaps the urologist in the Urology Expert Forum can give you some guidance. Repost your questions here:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113

Good luck to you.
Ok, so it hurt terribly! and then I woke up the next day only to find myself leaking urine! so I called my doctor and I went in to see him the next day. He said i may have torn the bladderneck incision farther. But hears the problems, after the surgery I still had the same symptoms, and then my bladderneck tears, theres OBVIOUSLY far to much pressure pushing on my bladderneck. Is there some way that the external sphincter could be closing off when I ejaculate? or the prostate no functioning right? Cause it wasnt till the SECOND pop that I had started to need to pee 20 times a day, which is from the seminal vesicles becoming blocked and overlarged. So the first problem that occured must have been something else that cause restraint of the ejaculate and then eventually damaged the Ejac ducts, hence the second pop. My current doctor wont acknowledge this though and still see this situation as getting better, and will get better. What should I do?? How do I figure out whats wrong? Nothing is better, and now ever worse, I leak urine alot sometimes!
Oh and.... will the muscle that he removed in my bladder neck fill in??? I know that the muscle there is gone forever, but will it fill in with scar tissue??
A related discussion, ejaculatory duct obstruction - treatment was started.
A related discussion, Ejaculatory Duct narrowing due to fibrosis was started.