Urology Expert Forum
Embarrasing Prostate Inflammation

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Embarrasing Prostate Inflammation

Hello I have just been to a Urologist who diagnosed me with an inflamed prostrate due to a bacterial infection. I did not tell him the truth about how this might have occurred (see later) and he thinks it could have ben caused by any number of different reasons. With that in mind he prescribed me 10 days of Levofloxacin to clear any bacteria.

The reason why I did not tell him is because it is very very embarrasing story and I am in an Eastern European country where the Urologists just cannot be trusted - they are well known to misdiagnose in order to get more money out of you.

This is how I think I got the inflamed prostrate - coming home very drunk one night I decided to try a masturbation technique (its pretty gross I'm sorry!) which involved using warm raw pork to simulate a vagina. A few days later I was itchy but there was no rash. At the same time I felt I needed to pee a bit more often (but it has never stung). These symptoms were very slight so I ignored them for 2 weeks upon which time they got a little worse but still not that uncomfortable. I then decided to see the Urologist.

Can you tell me if it is possible to have inflamed the prostrate due to bacteria from the meat (like E-Coli). If so will the Levofloxacin clear it up (I am on day 5 of a 10 day course) or am I in deep trouble? I do not think it is from an STD but I could be wrong. I also have had quite a weak bladder generally but I know that I do not have chronic prostatitis. I am still getting used to a new extreme climate which I have been told could have caused it. I am probably not having enough regular sex which could also perhaps be a reason for the inflammation or so I am told.

How best should I proceed baring in mind that the Urologists here are just not as professional as in Western Europe or America? My main question and fear is about catching something deadly or at least hard to cure from the meat.
Ok i have been back to the Urologist and been honest about things.

He says that I should continue with the Levofloxacin for the remainder of the course. Then I have to wait another 2 weeks because any further tests within that period would be a waste of time. After the 2 weeks I have to do a full lot of tests to find out which particular bacteria I have.

He says that I should not worry as there is nothing life threatening about it and they will have some antibiotics somehewere that will be able to clear up this sorry episode.

Would you agree with this assessment? Although I am feeling a little better (I am on day 7 of the 10 day course) I still have symptoms which are pretty uncomfortable. Do I really have to wait another 2.5 weeks for treatment? could the wait not be damaging?
Whats taking so long with the reply? Money was taken from my account on Friday. I notice someone on here hasn't received a reply since the the 24th - thats 15 days!!!!