Hello I have just been to a Urologist who diagnosed me with an inflamed prostrate due to a bacterial infection. I did not tell him the truth about how this might have occurred (see later) and he thinks it could have ben caused by any number of different reasons. With that in mind he prescribed me 10 days of Levofloxacin to clear any bacteria.
The reason why I did not tell him is because it is very very embarrasing story and I am in an Eastern European country where the Urologists just cannot be trusted - they are well known to misdiagnose in order to get more money out of you.
This is how I think I got the inflamed prostrate - coming home very drunk one night I decided to try a masturbation technique (its pretty gross I'm sorry!) which involved using warm raw pork to simulate a vagina. A few days later I was itchy but there was no rash. At the same time I felt I needed to pee a bit more often (but it has never stung). These symptoms were very slight so I ignored them for 2 weeks upon which time they got a little worse but still not that uncomfortable. I then decided to see the Urologist.
Can you tell me if it is possible to have inflamed the prostrate due to bacteria from the meat (like E-Coli). If so will the Levofloxacin clear it up (I am on day 5 of a 10 day course) or am I in deep trouble? I do not think it is from an STD but I could be wrong. I also have had quite a weak bladder generally but I know that I do not have chronic prostatitis. I am still getting used to a new extreme climate which I have been told could have caused it. I am probably not having enough regular sex which could also perhaps be a reason for the inflammation or so I am told.
How best should I proceed baring in mind that the Urologists here are just not as professional as in Western Europe or America? My main question and fear is about catching something deadly or at least hard to cure from the meat.
Ok i have been back to the Urologist and been honest about things.
He says that I should continue with the Levofloxacin for the remainder of the course. Then I have to wait another 2 weeks because any further tests within that period would be a waste of time. After the 2 weeks I have to do a full lot of tests to find out which particular bacteria I have.
He says that I should not worry as there is nothing life threatening about it and they will have some antibiotics somehewere that will be able to clear up this sorry episode.
Would you agree with this assessment? Although I am feeling a little better (I am on day 7 of the 10 day course) I still have symptoms which are pretty uncomfortable. Do I really have to wait another 2.5 weeks for treatment? could the wait not be damaging?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.