Urology Community
Embarrassed to Urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Embarrassed to Urinate

I can't pee in the morning! I wake up, very full bladder and stand there longing to go and can't, only drips, it's not till I'm out the house and find somewhere really private to do it that I can empty my bladder. It's a nightmare as I feel the need to go in the night and can't sleep, end up squeezing the end all night then either waiting till no ones in the house, or if I can't stand it any longer finding somewhere outside. Yesterday when peeing in a bush I heard voices in the distance, panicked and stopped somehow then carried on walking only half relieved then it was excruciatingly painful to go again since and is also painful when I get erect?
  • help me (1 replies):
    it feel like i have to pee like bad but when i do i pee ...[more]
  • Trouble Urinating (2 replies):
    Hi, I'm a male in my early 20's and I have trouble urina...[more]
  • prostate?
    I am 23 years old and about 5 days i was diagnosed with ...[more]
Avatar dr m tn
What you are having can be due to urinary retention. It is a lack of ability to urinate and benign prostatic hypertrophy is the commonest cause. It can also be caused by nerve dysfunction, obstruction, constipation, infection, or medications like anticholinergics and antidepressants.

You need investigations like urine flowmetry, PSA ( prostatic specific antigen) or cystoscopy. I suggest you to consult a urologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.