Urology Community
Enlarged vein on my penis.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Enlarged vein on my penis.

This morning I woke up and noticed a little pain on the side of my penis. I took a shower and noticed that there is a very large vein on the right side of penis. It is easily moved around and hurts a little bit when you touch it. I went to the doctor and he said that it was nothing to worry about because there is no discharge, no pain when I urinate, and no blood when I urinate. However, he almost too quickly discarded the question and I went home and did my own research on the net but still cant seem to get a good answer. About 2 days ago I had sex for the first time in about 8 months and we used a condom, and the day after we did it the vein wasn't there, but it appeared today. The vein almost seems to have some bumps in it, and like I said, it kind of hurts to the touch and is easily moved around and is very noticeable when is erect, and is still kind of noticeable when it is not. There is another vein on the opposite side but it isn't enlarged like this one. Should I be worried? Is there any treatment or will this go away on its own?
You could likely be suffering from Mondor’s disease. In this, there’s an inflammation of the superficial vein of the penis (superficial thrombophlebitis. This is thought to occur from trauma and the commonest cause is sexual intercourse. However, it’s a benign disease and most of the patients respond by simply using the common analgesics like ibuprofen. Till the lesion heals, one is advised to avoid intercourse as well as masturbation. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.