Urology Expert Forum
Epididimys cyst
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Epididimys cyst

About 4-5 years ago I had a Vasectomy.  About two years ago I noticed a lump near the upper part of the right testicle.  My Urologist recommended I have an ultrasound evaluation.  I had that evaluation in January of 2007.  It showed the following:

The right epididymis maintains a cyst measuring 1.7 x 1.0 x 1.4 cm.  The testicles and epididymides show symmetric and appropriate blood flow.

As a precautionary measure I spoke with my family doctor about this during a recent routine visit.  I was concerned that the cyst may be getting larger.  He suggested another ultrasound.  I had this done today and saw that the cyst grew to about 2.5 cm.  My doctor is not going to be able to review my results for a week.  Since I am very concerned about this, I am asking if these circumstances lead one to believe this is likely to be a malignancy?  For the past week, I have been experiencing a small amount of discomfort starting in the scrotal area and going up, but I don’t know if that’s because I am thinking so much about my situation.