Urology Community
Epididymal cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epididymal cyst

I went to the Urologist for intermittent pain in my right testicle.  Through a physical examination, he diagnosed it as epididymitis, and started me on Cephalaxin (antibiotic).  I took 2 weeks of the antibiotic and thought I was getting better.  Then about 5 days after the antiobiotics ended, I developed more pain in the same area, slightly more severe than before.  I went back to the Urologist last week.  He recommended an ultrasound and prescribed a different antibiotic (Cipro).  The ultrasound result came back and the doctor said that everything was fine.  I asked for the radiologist report and it reads the following:

"Both testicles demonstrate homogeneous parenchyma with normal arterial and venous waveform.  The right epididymis measures 10 x 8 mm and demonstrates a small 3 mm diameter cyst.  The left epididymis measures 11 x 8 mm.  There are small bilateral hydroceles.  The examination is otherwise unremarkable.  Impression: Normal.  No definitive evidence of epididymal orchitis."

I read a few things in there that makes me think everything is not fine.  It appears that I have a cyst on the right side and bilateral hydroceles.  Is this anything to worry about?  I still have infrequent pain in my right testicle, and the antibiotics have not helped the pain.  I am 31 years old and still plan on having children.  What should I do about the pain?  Is it safe to have sex with my wife?

Thank you.
My teenager was just recently diagnosed with the same problem.  I find it very discouraging that our doctors seem to not care about the health and well being of their patients.  This is the second ultrasound done in less than a month on my teenager from the emergency room.  And I found out the cyst was there on the first ultrasound and the emergency room doctor did not inform me as a parent.  My son is 15 years old and cannot understand why he is going through this pain.  He to will see a urologist on this Friday, his urologist is a good doctor and before I leave the office he will be taken care of.  Sometimes a second opinion or changing physicians would be a good idea.