Urology Community
Epididymitis Pain...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epididymitis Pain...

3 months back I was diagnosed with Epididymities...I told the Doc that I had unprotected sex.....The Doctor prescribed me with SERAHEAL tablets for 5 days...
The pain reduced but it didnt disappear so after 1 month I went to see him .He said to take the SERAHEAL for 3 days and told me to wear supporter ..for 6 months..it has been total 6 months since I felt the pain in my right testicle...
I have stopped going to Gym because I feel pain in my groins....now I wear supporter all day but some time i still feel the pain in my groins and testicle...though the pain has reduced but it is not going away.....It hurts as I am not able to do Gyming or running or even warming up....
The Doc Said it would go away on its on...

What am i suppose to do??
Hi there!

The pain and discomfort due to epididymitis may continue for a few months after the actual infection has been cured. This occurs due to residual inflammation and is expected to heal with time; and should not be anything to worry about, unless the symptoms have actually aggravated.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
My advice is that you go back to your doctor - this has gone on too long.

Epididymo-orchitis is a bacterial or viral inection of the testicle and epididymis.  The sperm produced in a testicle passes into a dense network of fine tubes that forms a lump on the back of the testicle called the epididymis.  These join up to form the sperm tube (vas deferens) that takes the sperm to the penis.  Epididymo-orchitis is an infection of both the epididymis and testicle.  Orchitis is an infection of the testicle alone, but the infection is almost invariably present in both places.

You still may have an infection in the body and a blood test would show the presence of infection, that would need to be treated with the appropriate antibiotic.  Aspirin or paracetamol can be taken for pain relief.  Ice may be applied to the scrotum and a supportive bandage or jock-strap worn (which you are already doing).

Bacterial epididymo-orchitis resolves after a few days with the correct treatment.  

If the infection is caused by a virus such as mumps, there is no effective treatment available and this may cause problems with fertility in later life.

Occasionally an abscess may form, which must be surgically drained.  
A painful testicle can also be caused by torsion of the testis, which is a surgical emergency requiring immediate treatment.

In 2012 my husband (aged 62) had a painful and swollen testicle, he also felt very unwell - had a slight fever.  (On the funny side - we thought that I may have "manhandled" him).  The doctor confirmed Epididymo-Orchitis and he was given an antibiotic to take for 7 days.  He still had a dull ache that gradually settled down in about 2 weeks.  Can't exactly remember the antibiotic he was prescribed - it was either Keflex or Flucloxacillin or one of the others.

As you are still having this problem after 6 months, I urge you to go back to your doctor as soon as possible for a thorough investigation.  Don't let him fob you off.  Get a second opinion if the you have to.

Best of luck, hope you get sorted out very soon.
Thank you for the valuable information...
I still feel sometime that the size of my right testicle is alightly larger then the left one...and sometime they both seem to be the same size.....
will go to the doc...

Regards,
mahakal
I went to the Doc..He said it is fine ..it will take a few months to heal the inflammation...but i would need to wear the supporter....

from the last 2 days i have been experiencing a litle urine leakage (few drops) ,,while I work on my laptop...I have been wearing the supporter from the last 4 months never felt that....
It is ok?? or shold I go to thhe doc?