Urology Community
Epididymitis and Working Out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Epididymitis and Working Out

I'm a 27 year old male and have been diagnosed with epididimitis. I'm 99% sure this is not STD related and there seems to be a strong correlation between the pain in my testicle and physical activity like weight lifting. In fact, the onset of the first symptoms happend during a week I was trying to lift more than usual.

Symptoms: My left testicle feels like it's been hit/kicked, but it's only 1/10th as painful and a dull constant pain. It also feels somewhat like my left testicle is not sitting in the right location. It feels tight or contracted. Occasionally during ejaculation, my left testicle contracts up so tightly that it causes pain. However, I find that this mostly applies to ejaculations within hours of a work out. It feels as if it's trying to retract into my abdomen. (I've been checked for hernias by the way to no avail). That's about it, no swelling, no painful urination, no discharge.

Treatment to date: My doc though it might be an STD like gonorhea (sp) or chlymida (sp) so he gave me antibiotic shot and 10 days worth of doxycycline. The symptoms started to go away towards the end of this treatment but honestly think it was more the fact I didn't work out for that week and I also was eating Aleeve like candy. After 2 days of less pain I tried the gym again (light weight) and the symptoms came back.

That's it so far. I had the ultrasound today and the tech said that both epididimous looked inflamed. He also found what I think he called a very enlarged seminal vesicle (sp)... could be a symptom or could be the cause? Waiting for the final report.  Anyone out there have any advice???