Urology Community
Epididymitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epididymitis

I started having pain in my testicle 7 weeks ago. (sporadic sharp and dull pain, no other symptoms) I went to my GP and was diagnosed with a mild case of epididymitis and prescribed 500mg of cipro twice daily for seven days and 500 mg ibuprofin 2 times a day for 10 days. The pain subsided for two weeks and then returned.

Went back to my GP and he prescribed me with 500mg cipro twice daily for 10 days.  After a week without improvement I went to a Urologist. He confirmed epididymitis and instructed me to stop taking the cipro. He prescribed me 375mg Naproxen twice daily for 2 weeks and a scrotal ultrasound. Ultrasound results confirmed increased blood flow in the left epididimis with no other complications.

I saw another Urologist for a second opinion. He also confirmed epididymitis with inflamation (inflammation) of the veins, prescribed 100mg doxycycline once a day for 10 days and ibuprofin. After few days the epididymitis became bilateral. I had to pleed to the doctor to give me a scrip for a blood test as too eliminate any possible causes and to possibly learn more about what I am fighting. still waiting for lab results)

I went back to the doctor and was prescribed diflucan in case it was a yeast infection. I did not notice any significant improvement.

The pain is now in the right epididymitis mostly. Is it posible for it to move from the left to the right side?
I am thinking that my doctors have been prescribing just a little less antibiotics that I need to kill the bacteria and it keeps making a comeback. Why only 1 dose of doxycycline daily when everyone else seems to be getting 2?

Doctors seem very unconcerned yet unable to tell me what the cause or cure is. How long will this continue? Any ideas? Thank you.
I just received a call from a nurse at the Doctors office with the Blood and urine results. They came back negative to all std's. Could this pain and inflammation be due to post infectious inflammation? If so How long could it last? I have read that it may take 6 to 8 weeks to subside. I am becoming disheartened because just as I think the pain as subsided and I am on the road to recovery the pain sets in again. Is this normal, am I nearing the end of this nightmare?
Epididymitis caused by Coxsackievirus?
I have been feeling better for the past few days except a few days ago I started getting sores in my mouth (cheeks and back of throat). A couple blisters on my hands wrist and on my feet and ankles. The blisters have almost all gone away now except for a slight discomfort in my mouth. Is it possible that the Coxsackievirus was stuck in my epididymis so to speak, and then moved out infected me and is now gone?
Any chance a Urologist would care to comment...