Urology Community
Epididymitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epididymitis

I was at the E/R 4 days ago for pain in the testicles.They diagnosed me as having  a bladder and testicle infection.I was given a prescription for Cipro and sent home.I have taken the cipro for four days and it has not helped at all.I think I am allergic to cipro because I have wicked abdominal cramps and some dizziness.The pain in the testicles is no better than it was 4 days ago.Cipro has not helped me at all.I called the doctors office and got his answering service.I asked to speak to the on call doctor.The on call doctor was my doctor! I asked him if I could get a different antibiotic because the cipro was not helping.He said I would have to come to the office tomorrow if I could.He said if the pain got worse,I would have to go to the E/R again. I have been to the E/R 3 times for some kind of infection.If I go tonight or in the morning,this will be my 4th trip. I have been to the E/R so much they know me by name.This problem(tetsticle)always flares up on a weekend or during the week when the doctors office is closed.Talking about bad luck.I do get some relief from the testicle pain by laying on my back.As soon as I get up I feel the pain again.I have other ailments to deal with, and I sure didn't need to add testicle pain to the list. all of this is very depressing.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
First of all it is not confirmed whether you are having epididymitis or not. Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones.

Are you having painful, red or swollen scrotum along with testicular pain. It can be epididymitis or orchitis. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

Some causes of testicle pain, including testicular torsion, can lead to infertility if not treated promptly. Infections also should be examined and treated right away. If the infection is caused by bacteria, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic. So consult a urologist if the symptoms persist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.