Urology Community
Epididymitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epididymitis

I would like to run these by some of you professionals as i have been suffering in silence for the past couple of months, to the point where it has now seriously impacted my life.

Two months ago i was gripped by a sudden total loss of libido. My libido was so low that i was even beginning to question my sexuality. I shrugged it off and in the belief that it was just a phase which will pass in time. The next month i started to develop a pain in my left testicle. I also had 2 bouts of fever over 1 month. Once again i shrugged it off as something that will pass and moved on. The pain started to intensify over the month to the point that is spread to my groin and lower abdomen and into the right testicle too. I finally decided to go get it checked out at my GP.

My doctor gave me an empiric antibiotic as well as antinflammatories for potential epididymitis and also sent me for a blood test and an ultrasound of my lower abdominal region for any kidney stones.. I had my blood tested two days later but by them i was virtually pain free due to the antibiotics so passed on the ultrasound, while informing my GP. The results showed that i was also recovering from a bout of glandular fever.

I finished a 10 day course of antibiotcs and antinflammatories and the pain went and i was also regaining my libido steadily. Upon completing the course I noticed my libido start to drop again and the pain began to return. I immediately took more antinflammatories and another 5 days of antibiotics and the pain once again disappeared. I have now finished them about a week ago and the pain seems to have pretty much disappeared, bar the slight discomfort ever now and again, however nothing worth mentioning. I have now noticed that when pulling my foreskin back i might have a very slight amount of discharge or pus and I am wondering, is this normal?

My libido isnt fully back yet but i am certainly seeing improvements, especially in erection strength. Is the process of recovery from epididymitis gradual. Will I recover fully?

Thank you for any info you can offer me as I really want to get past this difficult phase in my life.
Hi, If epididimitis is treated early there will be no lasting results from it. However if it is not treated early or it keeps returning as it had in my case, damage to the testes results.
Due to a secondary infection I lost my left testicle due to staph. Even with that the sex drive has returned as well as can be expected.

God bless,

Ron