Urology Community
Epidydimitis or Prostatitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Epidydimitis or Prostatitis

hey doc

on the 16th of august i suddenly got a severe pain in my testicles, as soon as i felt that pain i sat down for like 10 min and then the pain went away completely, the next morning i would have slight pain in my testicles for awhile but then went away.  I checked my testicles for any bumps to see what was causing the pain but nothing was there, but i checked on my penis and found that little pimple lookin figures were on the corona of my penis which really freaked me out!! I thought i had gotten genital warts!! After seeing those little bumps on the corona of my penis i would constantly check if they would go away.  So then i went to get tested for all stds and they all came back negative but a the clinic i went to couldnt check if i had genital warts because the doctor was not there, so i was still freaked out.  I would check my penis like everytime.  So then i went to another clinic and their they told me they were pearly penile papules which really gave me a great relief.  But the thing is that i would still get little pain on my testicles, i would touch them and i would feel pain but other times i would touch them they would not hurt.  Now last week i noticed that in the morning right after i would urinate, little clear sticky precum would come out just out of nowhere.  I went to the clinic and the doctor told me i may have chlamydia, but the thing is that i had already tested negative for all stds, so he gave me a dose of 1000mg zithromax.  So right now i am on my third day of zithromax. I think i got some kind of infection from the time i would constantly check my penis from thinking i had genital warts because i would also check the opening of the penis to see if there were bumps there too, so i may have gotten an infection because i did not wash my hands when i would check. I am confused because of this pain on my testicles. I have not had sex since the last day of june and they were all protected Plus i have no problem with urinating it does not burn or anything, Here are my questions:

1) can i have gotten an infection from my hands when checkin my urethra??

2) the pain on my testicles came way before the slight clear sticky discharge like a month after, are these things related somehow even though the pain was before?? plus i tested negative for all stds

PLEASE HELP
Hello pedro831,

Sometimes the infection of the genital tract is difficult to treat. It is possible to get infection through hand but it is unlikely that the infection is severe and that too it would not happen through one time touch through the hand. You need to be managed by some other class of antibiotics like Augmentin and other new generation cephhalosporins like Ceftriaxone (Rocephin). Discuss this with your doctor.

Best

hey doc

i just found out today that i have a variococele on my left testicle. The urologist told me that he can perform surgery to treat the variococele.  Im kinda of scared because i am only 19 and im afraid this can cause infertility.  Here are my questions:

1) is there another procedure rather than surgery??

2) by having this variococele will i still be able to masturbate without affecting anything in my genital areal??

3) if i have this surgery will this cause for me to be sterile?? i am only 19

4) i drink alcohol on the weekends, will the alcohol affect the variococele??

please help doc