Erect penis hurts on the inside
I'm a 21 year old man experiencing a stinging pain near the top half of my penis when it becomes erect.  All other times it is fine, but as soon as an erection comes on, the stinging pain near the head begins.  I've tried searching online already but couldn't find anyone describing something like what I'm going through.  It has been like this for a few months now.

The painful sensation feels internal with no relation to any foreskin problem.

I'm a virgin too, so I doubt it is an STD.

What else could this be?
     How are you? Pain that is present only during erection at the head of penis could happen due to STD’s predominantly, also due to prostatitis or epididymitis.

Do you have any pain in the testicles? I would suggest that you visit a urologist for DRE of the prostrate. Also a routine urine analysis with culture would determine the causuative organism if any and appropriate treatment can be started.

Also, in the adolescent age, erection sometimes, even without any abnormality can cause some discomfort initially with ejaculation.
I would suggest that you visit a urologist for confirmation.
Best.

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.

An STD should be ruled out because I haven't had sex yet or any lewd sexual behavior either.

I have absolutely no pain whatsoever in my testicles, but on the tip of my penis on the hole there is slight redness -- and it is also extremely sensitive when something rubs up against it the wrong way.

A few months back the problem began not as an erectile issue but as a urinating one.  The tip of my penis seemed inflamed and for a short while it would hurt to pee.  But that has passed and now the stinging sensation comes about when I get an erection and not when peeing.

This all came about pretty much around the same time I decided to stop masturbating for a while -- it seems like my refrain from it has caused this issue or at least doesn't help.  Now it hurts to masturbate so I don't even do it anymore.

About a year ago I decided to try not masturbating for a while and the first time I did after that there was a stinging sensation in the top half of the penis.  I also experienced a good amount of bleeding which the Urologist seemed to think was the result of some internal injury, though that was never confirmed.  
If you are not circumcised like myself, perhaps this refrain from masturbation led to a neglect in hygiene.  That might explain both our our initial problems, but I wish that area was not still so sensitive.  There are good days and less good days.  I have to believe that this sort of thing will get resolved somewhere down the road.  Good luck man.