Urology Expert Forum
Erection/ premature issue

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Erection/ premature issue

I am 421/2, height 6 feet, weight 185. Fit, no health problems. No drinking, smoke 5 cigrates per day. No anxiety, stress, heart problem, diabaties, blood pressure.

Even if I have a totally naked escort 27 years old cute  looking lying on top of me and still I have not my penis erect properly. It erects when she touches it and by the time she go for the condom it shrinks again. I some time ejaculate with out even full erection (premature ejaculation) I get erection fine in the middle of the night. I do pee couples of time at night.

Am I not a perfect candidate for something like Viagra?, and I can say with out doubt that I have erectile dysfunction or testrones deficiency?. What should I do ...  very puzzled.

You sound to be quite healthy, except for the smoking. However, there is much that you have not mentioned that a urologist or sex therapist would want to know. How long has this been a problem? How did it start? Is it partner dependent? What medications are you taking? Are you depressed? What else is happening in your life (children, job, family)? You may need hormonal levels drawn as well as other lab tests. If I did not find anything abnormal physically, I would ask you to have an evaluation by a sex therapist.
As regards treatment, Viagra would not be my first choice medication. I probably would try an antidepressant of the serotonin re-uptake inhibitor type such as Zoloft. I would want a full evaluation before treating you as you are a young man and I would not want to start you on a medication that you may need for the rest of your life unless I was confident that that is what you needed.
To bring this long answer to conclusion, you should see a urologist who is interested in sexual dysfunction or a sex therapist.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Thanks doc, you asked

How long has this been a problem? How did it start?
First time I had sex since 1996 was 5 months back that's when I notice that. In 1996 it was fine.

Is it partner dependent?
No matter who the partner is it is same. No matter how pretty and hot they are.

What medications are you taking?
singular for nasal allergies

Are you depressed?
Not at all

What else is happening in your life (children, job, family)?
Everythig perfect, no children , I am single

I know one thing I do not crave for sex any more the way I use to. I am hardly horney and I don't have that many sexual fantasies in my mind.

Have you heard of Orexis ?

First Doc answered after 10 days, then I asked him a follow up, did not care to even reply back.