Aa
A
A
Close
Excessive urination and food sensitivity
This past summer, after one of many intense bike rides, I felt a burning sensation in my pelvic area and an excessive urge to urinate. I have experienced these symptoms in the past after periods of vigorous exercise but they had always subsided.
(I also have an inguinal hernia that I have not had surgically repaired.)
This time, in addition to the burning sensation, I also experienced mild soreness around one of my hips. I also had a fever for one night only.  A few times afterwards, I experienced mild (kidney?) stones.
I immediately stopped riding the bike, started drinking cranberry juice, and a saw palmetto/nettle supplement.
Since then, all the symptoms have gone except the more frequent than usual urination especially after drinking wine and possibly tea.  I never had a problem with wine before.
In addition to more frequent urination at night, I also feel drier and more thirsty.
My GP ruled out diabetes and did not find any indication of a UTI, even though I was sure that I had one. He said that the prostate seemed fine after doing a DRE, and the PSA level seems OK.  
I still get up several times at night to urinate, and I get up every hour if I have drank wine earlier.
I am 50+.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
My prostate/ bladder are very sensitive to vit c and citric acids. Where can I find a vitamin supplement and/or mineral supplement that does NOT include these acids?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources