Urology Expert Forum
Feels like I have veins in my scrotum... Plz help.........

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Hi. I noticed my left testie is a little larger then my right one. And when I feel on it, it feels like i have a lot of veins in my scrotum, kinda like a bag of worms.... Im really scared...
I already went to a walkin clinic when i first noticed that my one testie is bigger the doctor said its normal... he said its normal for one testie to be a little bigger or something like that, so i belived him... But i wanna know why my testie feels like it has like veins around it. Its hard to explain but they feel like veins... Plz help email me your responce. Thanx a lot!
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

You may be describing what is known as a varicocele.  A varicocele is caused by dilatation of the spermatic veins. It is present in 15 to 20 percent of post-pubertal males, occurring in the left hemiscrotum in the vast majority of cases.  The venous complex in the scrotum dilates and produces anything from minimal fullness on Valsalva maneuver (i.e. when bearing down) to a large soft scrotal mass ("bag of worms") that decompresses and disappears in the recumbent position.

In any case, I would schedule an appointment with your personal physician for a scrotal ultrasound to exclude other causes of scrotal swelling (i.e. cancer, masses or cysts).  

A referral to a urologist is strongly recommended as varicoceles are associated with infertility.  

I strongly suggest followup with your personal physician.

I stress that this answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
I am 18 and just noticed the exact same thing it feels just like a bag of worms and to be honest I am worried do I go to a GP or? "/