Urology Expert Forum
Feels like a bag of worms
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Feels like a bag of worms

Posted by Billy on July 23, 1999 at 10:02:39
Right underneath my left testicles is a set of little tubes or something that make my scrotun feel like a bag of worms. Sometimes it feels like the tubes are clogged, sometimes they hurt. Could it be a hernia. I have a problem with taking too long to orgasm. I can have sex with my girlfriend for an hour without ejaculating, and it hurtsmy testicles sometimes.
Could there be some blockage or something?

Posted by HFHS M.D.-AT on August 10, 1999 at 16:51:15

Dear Billy,
Thanks for your question. Your symptoms are difficult to explain without an opportunity for examination.  However, the possible causes include varicocele (dilatation of veins) - most likely, hydrocele (fluid in the scrotum) and spermatocele (cyst associated with testis-unlikely), or hernia.  You may want yourself to be examined by a physician to make sure that none of these abnormalities exist.  Physician may order a scrotal ultrasound if he suspects any one of the above..
Hope this information will be of some help to you.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. Physicians at the Henry Ford Hospital Department of Urology have experience in the evaluation and treatments of problems such as you describe. They would be most interested in helping you. You can reach them through our toll-free number (1-800-653-6568).
We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any x-rays (not just the reports) as well as any physicians' notes and lab test results that you may be able to obtain. These will help us greatly.
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-A.T.
*keyword: varicocele, spermatocele