Urology Community
Fishy smell, please help me !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Fishy smell, please help me !

Hello im 16 years old, uncircumsized male, my penis smells of fish ... i shower daily and wash this area A LOT! i do not use soap... just water, would using some kind of soap help ? i either have a bar of soap or some handcream that i cud use ? Otherwise can u please suggest what the cause of this is. I have never had sex. The only slight thing iv noticed is that the bottom of my penis head has tiny white spots on it. This looks fairly normal though as i have to look hard to see these. Any help would be thoroughly appreciated!
i read somewhere that dehydration can cause this ... now i think about it i drink very little in an average day, could this be the reason ?
Why don't you give soap a try. It's works wonders.
ok thank u for the response. So i should use the bar of soap , i should rub it into my penis head with the foreskin retracted ? thank u so much for ur quick response :)
It could be a bacterial infection..and they aren't always sexually transmitted, at least that's what I've been told and have read also. Go to the doctor and they might be able to put you on a strong antibiotic. My suspicion is a bacterial infection. I'm a woman but when I had one, that's what I remember the most, the smell of fish..shudder..lol---oh, and definitely clean there esp if you aren't circumcised..you don't have to go crazy scrubbing but a little soap will prevent a recurrence..
hmm... iv got a new theory , it seems to be fine except when i get a lot of erections. some semen is leaked and i think this could be causing the stale smell. possible ? and should i use the bar of soap ??? please respond to that lol it seems a bit too heavy going ...
update - i think it could be caused by the fact that i seem to leak a bit of urine after i have gone to the loo. could leaked urine be causing this smell? i retract my foreskin fully. how can i make sure all of my urine comes out ? thank you so much for all your help this problem has made me feel really upset
soap helps.... you  can try neosporin ointment. i used to get infections down there when i was like around 8 years old.
ok i will rub soap into my hands and then rub it onto my penis head. ill give u an update 2moro on how well it worked. thnx for the advice
alright iv decided. my penis looks completely fine so i really doubt its a problem with an infection or something. iv searched them on google and my penis is not in a bad state or anything. i am now fairly sure that the problem is to do with me not urinating completely when i go to the toilet. urine drips onto my penis head and dries into it. leaving a fishy smell after a while. this also happened when i wasnt drying my penis after having a bath. so i guess its jus something to do with my penis not liking liquids ? how can i make sure i urinate completely? a solution to this would make me very very happy people !
i have noticed that when this smell is present, my penis head is very sticky/dry. could it need some moisturising ? this problem is really depressing me so please keep helping :(
sooooo depressed
tyvm for all your help. just to let you know iv sorted the problem :) i found really rubbing at my penis head done the trick. i have never really pushed as hard against my penis head but i really scrubbed at it with my fingers and its sorted. Thank you so much for your help anyway i really appreciate it. I feel brilliant now :) thank you so much for helping me through this !
Get a dose of fluconazole 150mg. It has recently been made non-prescription in Canada, but got to your nearest pharmacy and ask. I developed a similar problem and one dose fixed it.  It is likely a chronic low-grade yeast infection.