Urology Expert Forum
Flank pain/negative on stones
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Flank pain/negative on stones

Hi,
I'm a 29 year old woman, dealing with flank pain for 6 mos already.  I have had this problem before 4 years ago and was admitted into the hospital for this problem, cause the pain was soo bad and had blood in the urine, that they assumed it was kidney stones, i had a ultrasound and IVP done, but nothing and i also never passed anything.  Now recently for the past 6 mos i started getting the blood in the urine again and flank pain and they did a ultrasound, called and told me that i had stones on both sides, a week later, with still the pain present and blood present they did a X-ray before getting inside the doctor office and nothing was present, they did a bladder scope? where they check inside of bladder and check the urthera?(might of misspelled that) and nothing and then the symptoms disappeared for about a month, and then again for the past 3 weeks, i got the bleeding again and bad discomfort on my left side and right side and i went into the urgent care again and they found blood in my urine but no infection and was told it probably is stones again, she ordered a Spinal CT scan, and got the results yesterday and show nothing, but abnormality in my left kidney, looks too low , but is not serious.  I will be seeing my urologist in about a week to discuss this but i don't know what i could ask?, or what other things can be causing this? is it still a possibilty of stones, but just not showing up? I still have the discomfort and blood in urine periodically.  History: Lupus (unactive for 10 years), brain aneurysm, high blood pressure (controlled with medication).

Please help me with suggestions if you can, it seems like they've done every known test to check for problems with my kidneys.

Thank you,
mandy :)