Flex Cysto
I am 75 yrs old and have a hard time urinating. I have a psa between 4 and 7. I am now taking Flomax and Finestride which woks fine. The only problem I have is with the Finestride tends to make me impotent.My doctor wants to give me a Flex Cysto and microwave the obstruction out of the way.At my age do you think i should go ahead with this proccedure or just give up the Finestride.
Tough to say without examining you personally.  In general, the flexible cystoscopy is a pretty safe and routine procedure and would be a reasonable next step.  

If you continue to have questions about the treatment plan, you may want to consider a second opinion - preferably at a major academic medical center.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?