Urology Expert Forum
Flex Cysto

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Flex Cysto
I am 75 yrs old and have a hard time urinating. I have a psa between 4 and 7. I am now taking Flomax and Finestride which woks fine. The only problem I have is with the Finestride tends to make me impotent.My doctor wants to give me a Flex Cysto and microwave the obstruction out of the way.At my age do you think i should go ahead with this proccedure or just give up the Finestride.
Tough to say without examining you personally.  In general, the flexible cystoscopy is a pretty safe and routine procedure and would be a reasonable next step.  

If you continue to have questions about the treatment plan, you may want to consider a second opinion - preferably at a major academic medical center.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b