Urology Expert Forum
Flexible erection

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Flexible erection

For about 3 years now I have had trouble getting and maintaining an erection.  My urologist gave me viagra that has worked OK but not as well as I was expecting. I have a few questions.  I did notice my testosterone level was on the low side of normal.  Seeing as i no longer get spontaneous erections (even morning ones don't feel that strong but sometimes they are good) is that a symptom of low testosterone?

When I get an erection it no longer points straight up (when lying down) it now seems to be almost flat against my stomach.  It is also very flexible and i can rotate it without any discomfort at all.  Could I have damaged the suspensory ligament (I can think of no specific incident when i was in any discomfort and it does have a slightly upward angle when i am standing up.  Unless masturbation could have caused it) and if so will it ever heal? (bear in mind it has been thsi way for about 3 years).  It is even like this when I am on viagra.  It can still be very firm but very flexible at the base.  Could the flexibility and ED be related?  I cannot recall what came first to be honest.

One other thing is why is viagra not working that well?  I need 100mg to notice a real difference which I understand is a high does (I am only 25 and in good health otherwise)

Low testosterone is possible.  However if the Viagra is making some sort of difference, it is more likely a vascular issue (Viagra won't help if it is due to testosterone).  

I cannot comment on possible damage to the suspensory ligament without evaluation.  I would discuss this possibility with a urologist.

Another consideration would be to check for metabolic diseases like diabetes or thyroid disorders.  An ultrasound can be considered to examine the penile vasculature.

These options can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
1 Comment
0
0
0