Foaming Urine
Since June of 2005, I have been urinating bubbly -- foamy sometimes frothy and lather-rich urine. Sometimes there is very little or no foam, other times, especially in the morning it is very foamy and frothy. I had looked up on the net, and found that the reason behind it could be the presence of protein.

I went to my MD who did a tip stick test and blood work. All test results were normal.

I then went to a urologist. He told me all was fine, but I insisted on a complex urine exam to check for all proteins.  The results showed everything was normal.

I do not have any swelling in any body part. No blood. No urination difficulty. No burning sensation. No problem with ejaculation. No feeling as if I have not emptied my bladder. No serious illness.

I do have a slight rash on my cheeks and below my eyes.

Before this happened, I was taking Tylenol (3 years), for lower back pain, which I have stopped 100% I just deal with it.

When I search the net, I find other people with the same problem, and no answer.

Do I have a disease? Is this a question for a Kidney doctor? I have been getting no answers, and wonder if there is an answer.

It is true that protein in the urine can lead to a foam-like quality.  

I would consider a urinalysis as well as a 24-hr collection of urine to check for protein.  A blood test to evaluate the kidney function can also be considered as well.  

The urine can be looked under a microscope to evaluate the sediment.  

Further evaluation can be done with a kidney ultrasound.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.  A nephrologist referral can also be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0
0
0
0