Urology Community
Foreskin stitched together!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Foreskin stitched together!

Hi, there I have noticed that my foreskin is pull above my penis and is stitched together forming a small hole that opens up when I go to the urinal. Basically i have a scar on the side of the penis so i know its not a birth defect, but something my parents did to me when i was younger? to give a clearer picture is that when i go to the toilet, the pee balloons up and comes through the hole. I realised this years back when i began to watch porn online, before that i didn't know and i am too embarressed to ask my parents about it.  It gives very little sensation to sex when when wearing a condom, I am not sure if its the skin already covering the head or it is because loss of sensitivity from watching porn. Can I get it un stitched so it is normal again?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This can be due to adhesion formation, frenulum breve or due to phimosis skin. Phimosis is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. Treatment includes application of a steroid cream to the foreskin up to three times a day for about a month to loosen the adhesive ring. If ballooning during micturition is present, then surgical removal of all or part of the foreskin(circumcision) may be recommended.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Your parents did not alter your penis at all. Most males are born with the foreskin being stuck to the glans (glands). Most males over the period leading into puberty have this adhesion come loose and as a result will be able to retract their foreskin. Exposing the glans (glands).

Most of the time the condition of phimosis will be noticed while boys are in their school years. I grew up in the Netherlands and for the first 14 years of life, starting at the age of 4 studends were checked 2 times to 4 times a year by a doctor for any abnormailities. All studends within this age group were checked by a doctor who came to the school where a child was a studend. It was a complete physical and included most of the general checkups that a child of that age should be checked for.

I remember the first few years that I used to get these check ups. For the first few years a parent either father or mother and in some cases guardians were there during to check up. It was during these checkups that I became aware of the fact that I had one undescended testicle (my right). When I asked my mother, I was informed that I was born with two undescended testes. The left setteled in the scrotum before I reached the age of one.

The other item that was checked during those exams was the penis in males. This inspection included retracting the foreskin. As I became older, I asked the doctor (female), if I could retract the foreskin and just show it. the answer was no, because she also paplutated the penis for further abnormalities.

With you being 17 now and not being able to retract your foreskin it is very doubtful that the foreskin will not loosen. As much as I am against circumcision, I'm afraid that this will need to take place with you as there are not many other option. Prepuplasty is one option, only the phimotic ring of the foreskin is removed, leaving most of the foreskin intact.

If I were in your situation I would opt for prepuplasty if this is an option and it was financially possible. I myself at the age of 47 am still intact and cannot immagine anything different. I had a younger brother who got circumcised due him not being able to retract his foreskin. I always thought that after the circumcision his penis looked sort of butchered. Remaing mostly intact the foreskin is sensative and can play a big role during sex.

All the best,

Ron