Urology Expert Forum
Frenulum inflamed, opening inflamed, weird sensation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Frenulum inflamed, opening inflamed, weird sensation

I'm 28 and uncircumcised. For about 5-7 days my frenulum has looked redder and has appeared to be inflamed/thick. The bottom part that attaches to the shaft is undoubtedly more red and more thick. In addition, the opening of my penis looks inflamed. It looks more like "lips" than it used to, and the one side seems to be sorta red going up onto the head. It doesn't look like a lesion or anything, just an inflammation.

The weirdest part, though, is that I have this constant "discomfort" of sorts. It's not pain whatsoever. In fact, it feels more like a feeling I'd get if I was close to orgasm or just had an orgasm. Yeah, that wasn't so bad for the first day, but after a while it begins to be annoying, and makes me think something might be wrong. The sensation is hard to pinpoint, too. I feel like it could be coming from the shaft.

I think it might be an infection, since I had another weird problem a couple months ago and touch that area of my penis more often than normal, and more often than I probably should (like the doctor did, I'll stretch out the skin near the frenulum). Does it sound like an infection to you? Would a steroid cream help or do I need antibiotics? Why am I having such a weird sensation? Is there any chance this is an STD or something worse?

Thanks.