Urology Expert Forum
Frenulum

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Frenulum

Can I have sex if I have a frenulum ?

Dear Mark,
The frenulum is simply an anatomic area on the ventral side of the penis.  It is the redundant skin just below the head of the penis on the underside.  It is normal to have a frenulum and you still have one even after you are circumcised.  It is all right to have sex  because a frenulum is a normal part of all male anatomy.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-AK
*keyword:Penis