Frequent Urination
Hello. I am a 29 year old male. I have been suffering from frequent urination since mid-January. To give you some background, I have been losing weight since the beginning of November. Since then, I have lost around 55 pounds. I was diagnosed with a thyroid nodule last May. In mid-January, I began having a frequent urge to urinate and urination. I went to the doctor thinking it was a UTI. I tested negative for that and the doctor ran blood tests for cortisol, kidneys, diabetes, along with thyroid levels. Everything came back normal. Stumped, my doctor sent me to a endocrinologist and urologist. Both specialists had no answers. So, I went back to my primary doctor who thinks the thyroid nodule is pressing on my carotid artery causing my low blood pressure, high pulse, and urinary issues because it could be affecting my kidneys. I see another doctor today and say that is not the case at all. I am suffering from somewhat frequent urination, swelling in the mid and lower back, foul smelling urine, sometimes low blood pressure, and sometimes high pulse. I am so frustrated and just don't know what to do.  
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of our symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include excessive fluid intake, GU infections/ inflammations, neuro-muscular causes, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, diabetes etc. While a few of these have been ruled out, other possibilities may need to be evaluated for. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist acre may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!