Urology Community
Frequent urinating combined with herniated disc.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Last year I suffered a herniated, compacted disc and a couple of weeks ago the disc slipped again. I now have the urge to urinate every two hours or so even though I haven't had much fluid intake. Could this be a result of the disc maybe putting pressure on my bladder or could it be  from the strain on my body when I move around? I'm also taking  Omeprazole and I have heard frequent urinating could be a rare side effect of that tablet. Can anyone help pease?
its very possable your herniated discs are causing urinary urgency i have had this problem for almost 3 years and been to dozens of specialist only to find 2 herniated discs l4/l5 l5/s1 im very confident this is the cause of my problem iam also suffering erectyle dysfunction
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Herniated discs are one of the causes of polyuria because of pressure and damage to the nerves causing improper bladder control. Also other possibilities need to be ruled out. The primary cause which needs to be excluded is diabetes. I would advise you to get a fasting blood sugar and Hb A1 C test done.

If diabetes is ruled out then other possibilities which need to be ruled out are prostatitis(inflammation of the prostate gland),interstitial cystitis,overactive bladder syndrome,stroke and other neurological diseases,urinary incontinence, bladder cancer(rare) and bladder dysfunction .

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Thank you both for your info and advice. I do feel my problem is somehow connected to my herniated disc as it started around the same time. However, I will go to my doctors  and have the diabetes test.

You have had the problem for three years Jason? I do hope you eventually  get some relief. Disc pain alone is so exhausting.