Urology Expert Forum
Frequent urination, itchy scrotum, itchy anus

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Hi there ---

For several months I have had frequent, and strong urge for urination (once every 1.5, i woke up in the night about once every < 3 hrs).  I do not have medical insurance (working at this atm) but i did pay to see a general practice doc, she says i need to see a urologist...  Here is a list of my symptoms in totality

- a brief about me
- 28 / m
- i have my own glucose meter and my fasting blood sugar and post meal blood sugar are at 88 mg/dl (and no i do not have diabetes, just a health nut)
- i have had digestion issues in the past from lack of fiber and have had hemorrhoids
- the doctor checked for bladder infection and none found
- no prior history for stds

- during the night when i wake up i notice that my scrotum is really itchy and so is the external area of my areas my anus ... after going pee the itchyness dies down
- during the day i pee every 1.5 hrs
- my blood pressure averages around 133/73
- my scrotum stays red  
- i eat a very high protein diet, lots of fiber, veggies and some healthy carbs.  
It depends upon size and location. It does require an anesthesia and then either looking in your bladder and passing a telescope up the ureter (the tube from your kidney to your bladder) and snaring it and pulling it out or bombarding it with shock waves to break it up and then you will pass the fragments over the next few days or weeks.
Hope everything works out fine. Might consider getting health insurance. If you are going to be making stones, you will probably need things done several times over a lifetime.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

"This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not  necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.”

also to add a few other symptoms
- randomly shooting pain near my anus
- my left testicle and upper left grown (near hip) is tender at times.
First, let me apologize for not seeing your post earlier.
You have laid out your symptoms well. I wonder if you have a stone in your left ureter. That can cause you to have intermittent one sided lower abdominal pains (scrotal/penile, also) as well as the urinary frequency both day and night. Usually there is blood in the urine (often just seen under the microscopic), but not always. You will need an x-ray of your kidneys and bladder (IVP). Prostatitis is another possibility. If you do have a stone, then that needs attention sooner than later as it can cause long term kidney damage.
I cannot relate your scrotal itchiness/redness to anything other than a local skin problem: fungal infection, allergic reaction. Using any new soaps or chemicals/deodorants/creams, etc lately?
I would get to a urologist as soon as the finances permit.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition
thank you.. very much for your reply.  yeh i decided to see a urologist he is going to charge $350 just for the initial asessment.  hard but i have to do this.  it has bee n quite troublesome.  my dad had a history of kidney stones so who knowws.  i think your assesment about the itchiness being a fungal infection is correct.  i have very sensitive skin ...

a question -- if it is indeed a stone in my left ureter, how is that normally removed?