Frequent urination, pains radiating down legs
Hello, I'm a 22 year old male.  About 2 weeks ago I began having pains in the lower pelvic area and frequent urination.  When I drink a bottle of water, I have to urinate within 20 minutes, and then again roughly 20 minutes after that, ect.  I went to my GP, he tested my urine and said it came back negative for a bladder infection, but he gave me antiobiotics anyways.  It's been 7 days now, and there's been no improvement.  I'd be more confident in the antibiotics if my urine hadn't come back negative for infection.  

Anyways, I still have frequent urination, and there's a pain that radiates from my lower pelvic area, sometimes to my testicle, and down my inner thighs (it feels like the pain is on a tendon).  The leg pain feels like a stretching and now behind my right knee, there's some swelling.  I also have the same stretching feeling in my right upper arm.  My GP said the symptoms sounded like a bladder infection, but my urine tested negative for that and that was before I had the pain radiate down my legs and to my right arm.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with a urologist within the week, but I was hoping to hear some likely possibilities first.  Needless to say, I'm very, very concerned about this and I can't stop thinking about what could be wrong with me.

Thanks in advance
Infection should be ruled out first.  This can be done via a urinalysis as well as tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia.  The prostate should also be evaluated for enlargement via a digital rectal exam.  

If negative, metabolic disorders like diabetes and thyroid function can lead to urinary frequency.  

Tests like a cystoscopy can be considered if the initial evaluation is non-revealing.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0