Urology Expert Forum
Frequent urination and pain in groin area
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frequent urination and pain in groin area

I am writing on behalf of my wife who is sixty-three years old.  This past Sunday, she experienced extremely frequent urination.  Then in the evening, she felt a sharp pain in the area of her groin.  Several minutes later, she experienced another sharp pain.   Then the pain subsided, as did the extremely frequent urination.  After consulting her medical book, my wife wondered if she might have passed a kidney stone, or if one could be lodged somewhere in her urinary tract.  My wife has to see a doctor soon on another matter and she plans to mention this episode when she goes.  However, she wanted to get your opinion as well as to pose a question.  On Saturday evening, we had dinner with friends and my wife had a small amount of white wine and Champagne.  Although the amount was small, it was probably twice as much as she usually drinks.  Because my wife takes approximately 300 mg. of Neurontin three times a day for facial pain, she seldom drinks alcohol, and when she does, it is not more than one small glass. Do you think that the extra alcohol that my wife consumed could have brought on her symptoms?  The other daily oral medications that she takes are Synthyroid 75 MCG and Lipitor 10 mg.  She also uses the eyedrops, Timoptic XE 0.5% and Restasis 0.05%.  What are your comments and suggestions?