Urology Community
Frequent urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Frequent urination

hi.  I have for as long as I can remember had to urinate between 15 and 20 x daily.  I struggle to hold my bladder for any length of time and am often very severely uncomfortable in meetings, cinemas etc where I cannot go for long with out urinating.  Do I have a smaller than average bladder or pelvic floor problem?  

Is there a cure?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your symptoms could be due to UTI, or urinary tract infection. The infection could be at any level from bladder to ureter to kidney. It could also be due to a stone in the urinary tract. You need to get your urine examined for infection.
However increased frequency of urine is also seen in diabetis mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Small bladder is also another possibility. You must talk to your urologist regarding all these possibilities. You would need some more tests beside urine analysis to reach a confirmed diagnosis. Very diluted urine is generally seen in diabetes insipidus.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!