Urology Community
Frothy urine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frothy urine

I seem to be getting continual frothy urine. Do you think there is problem?
Is it one of those things that come and go..
Tags: urine
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
365850_tn?1207700206
What do you mean by frothy urine?  Cloudy urine?  Could be a bladder or urinary tract infection.
Blank
The urine is all bubbly or lots of bubbles when it ends up in the toilet..
Blank
365850_tn?1207700206
Has it always been like that?  Stupid question since you wouldn't worry if is has.  Sorry.

Seems to me that bubbly urine is just caused by a strong urine stream: the stronger the stream, the more bubbles produced.  If that's the only problem, then it's certainly NO problem.  After drinking coffee or soda, you'll need to **** and have a fuller bladder, causing the froth which you describe.  Good fun.
Blank
365850_tn?1207700206
Sorry, I forgot about the efficient censuring device - obviously, what became "****" above started out as a synonym of "urinate" - guess which one.
Blank
I don't  think the frothy urine isn't caused by a strong urine stream.. .The bubbles seem to last a long time.. Any more thoughts?
Blank
365850_tn?1207700206
Apart from the strong urine stream theory, I'm afraid I'm at a loss.  Bubbles caused by the urine stream usually last a long time, by the way.  But aside from that, my next guess would be urinary tract or bladder infection, or maybe something funny which you drank or ate (on a regular basis, I suppose)...
Blank
I've noticed that too, but didn't pay much attention.

Justin, did you find anything out?
Blank
I found this:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/225590

Also, I noticed one time, I drank alot of orange juice... a looooot of orange juice, and that happened.
Blank
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nephrology-975/Proteinuria-Foamy-bubbly-urine.htm

Blank
I went to a public bathroom, and noticed that someone didn't flush... they're urine was really foamy.
Blank
365850_tn?1207700206
Yeah, it's really normal.  Actually, when I was younger, I used to move the aim of the urine stream around in the toilet to produce as much foam as possible... I though it was cool... I was a weird kid, though, very weird.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank