Urology Community
Frothy urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Frothy urine

I seem to be getting continual frothy urine. Do you think there is problem?
Is it one of those things that come and go..
Tags: urine
What do you mean by frothy urine?  Cloudy urine?  Could be a bladder or urinary tract infection.
The urine is all bubbly or lots of bubbles when it ends up in the toilet..
Has it always been like that?  Stupid question since you wouldn't worry if is has.  Sorry.

Seems to me that bubbly urine is just caused by a strong urine stream: the stronger the stream, the more bubbles produced.  If that's the only problem, then it's certainly NO problem.  After drinking coffee or soda, you'll need to **** and have a fuller bladder, causing the froth which you describe.  Good fun.
Sorry, I forgot about the efficient censuring device - obviously, what became "****" above started out as a synonym of "urinate" - guess which one.
I don't  think the frothy urine isn't caused by a strong urine stream.. .The bubbles seem to last a long time.. Any more thoughts?
Apart from the strong urine stream theory, I'm afraid I'm at a loss.  Bubbles caused by the urine stream usually last a long time, by the way.  But aside from that, my next guess would be urinary tract or bladder infection, or maybe something funny which you drank or ate (on a regular basis, I suppose)...
I've noticed that too, but didn't pay much attention.

Justin, did you find anything out?
I found this:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/225590

Also, I noticed one time, I drank alot of orange juice... a looooot of orange juice, and that happened.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nephrology-975/Proteinuria-Foamy-bubbly-urine.htm

I went to a public bathroom, and noticed that someone didn't flush... they're urine was really foamy.
Yeah, it's really normal.  Actually, when I was younger, I used to move the aim of the urine stream around in the toilet to produce as much foam as possible... I though it was cool... I was a weird kid, though, very weird.