Urology Expert Forum
Genital Warts
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Genital Warts

Hi.  I was exposed to genital warts from mid Jan to mid Feb a few times, while dating a girl.  At this point I show no signs of anything.  I have not had intimate contact with this person since mid-Feb.  It is now April 1st.  

My understanding from my primary care doctor is that I should just montior my genital area, especially the penile shaft for anything.  His advice was that after three months from last exposure if I still see nothing, I should be fine.  There is a chance that something could pop up years from now, but the main period in which warts appear after infection will have past.
Do you agree?  

Additionally, if I show no signs of genital warts and I am all clear, do I need to disclouse to my next girlfriend that at some point I was exposed to genital warts but I show no visible symptoms of anything?  I want to be responsible, but not scare her.

My primary care doctor also says that at my age, 26, given that I have had multiple partners, that I have likley been exposed to HPV by one or more partners and I probably have little to be concern with at this point...meaning I am not likely to show visible warts.  Your thoughts?