Urology Expert Forum
Girlfriend complained my penis didn't smell good!

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

For the record, I am an uncircumcised male.

My girlfriend and I had been together for several months and both of our sex lives are quite good.

Anyway my girlfriend for the first time tried to give me oral sex (without me requesting it, I don't really care for it) and complained that my penis smelled bad. This complaint was raised in the morning before I had a chance to take a shower.

Since I am uncircumcised I take extra care down there and make sure to clean it every time I shower. I shower at least once a day in the morning. Sometimes twice during the summer.

Unfortunately, when the penis is stimulated, it releases seminal fluid and well I suspect this is the cause of the bed smell.

My girlfriend said that after I shower I smell fine down there.

Should I worry about this or is this fairly normal? I always clean down there when showering by pulling the foreskin back, and don't like any part of me smelling bad.

Any infecetion can lead to these symptoms - and a simple urine test for STDs and urethritis can be considered.  You may also consider being tested for prostatitis as well (i.e. via a digital rectal exam).

Being uncircumcized increases your risk of balanitis - which is inflammation on the head of the penis.  This can sometimes lead to the symptoms.  Good hygeine is essential, but topical antimicrobials can be considered to treat this condition.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
-1 Comments
0
0
A related discussion, Balanitis confusion was started.