Urology Expert Forum
Growth on Penis?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Growth on Penis?

  For a couple of years, I have had a growth on the shaft
  of my penis. It is hard in nature, the same color as surrounding
  tissue, and remains the same size whether erect or flaccid.
  It has grown from a small bump to the size of a small BB
  over the course of a couple of years.
  It has not impeded any normal functions, and does not feel
  like it extends any deeper than skin deep. There is little pain
  associated with it at all.
  I have cut or pulled small pieces from this lump, to
  discover hardened spongy-like tissue. After attempting to
  cut this lump, it reappears in the same place and grows yet
  Any suggestions?
Dear Allen,
Thanks for your question
There are several skin lesions that can affect the penis and glans (glands). The list includes but is not limited to fungal, viral, immunological (allergic), pre cancerous, cancerous, sexually transmitted diseases and idiopathic causes. The most likely condition in your case appears to be a penile wart- a disease caused by the human papilloma virus characterized by a soft wart-like growth on the penis. In adults this infection is most commonly transmitted sexually. Genital warts are very common and are increasing in incidence. Safe sex practices, such as using condoms can help decrease the risk of infection. Treatment includes several topical agents to eradicate the lesions, cryosurgery, laser therapy, electrocauterization, or surgical removal.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. The Henry Ford Hospital Department of Urology has experience in the evaluation and treatments of problems such as you describe. We would be most interested in helping you. You can reach us through our toll-free number 1-800-653-6568.
We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any x-rays [and pathology slides] (not just the reports) as well as any physicians' notes and lab test results that you may be able to obtain. These will help us greatly.
*keyword: Incontinence

Related Discussions
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, growth on penis was started.
Avatar m tn
A related discussion, what could it be was started.
Continue discussion Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now