Urology Expert Forum
Growth on penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Growth on penis
ive had this slightly raised macular growth on the shaft of my penis for 2yrs. Originally it was black slightly raised bout 2mm in diameter. Later it raised a lil bit and lightened in color and i eventually picked at it. it bled a little bit then scabbed up. once the scab fell off, it left a whitish spot. so i figured it was gone for good. A couple of weeks go by and it grows right back. its no longer black like before.  the color is more like how scars look on me. im hispanic so my scars are a little darker.  i am wondering if its something serious or just some strange mole.
Difficult to say without examination.

A genital wart, cyst, or skin tag can all be considered. A referral to a urologist or dermatologist can be considered for further evaluation.

If infection is suspected, it can be cultured.  If the growth is suspected to be cancerous, it can be biopsied or removed by a dermatologist.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
A related discussion, how to get an big penis was started.