Urology Expert Forum
Growth on the right testical

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Growth on the right testical

I'm a 21yr old male. I have just discovered a growth on my right testical. It's about 8mm in diameter and is located close to the cleft between the groin and the calf. I have inspected it and it is a growth on the skin of the sac itself. When I press it hard, there's some pain, not much but some; and some clear fluid is discharged.
  On closer inspection, it looks pretty much like a large pimple of sorts. There's what looks like an enlarged pore at the top where the fluid discharges when I squeeze the "growth". There are no weird discolouration, only a general redness.
  Now, I do have a history of cystisis (That's the occurance of benign cysts, right?) and I have had 2-3 of them removed during my childhood. Plus, I'm currently in the process of clearing up a case of ringworm infection at my groin (Jock's Itch, right?). At the moment, I'm using Dermovate from GlaxoWellcome, which uses Clobetasol 17-propionate (0.05% w/w) as active ingredient, to treat the ringworm infection.
  Could this be another cyst, a pimple or (horror!) cancer?
  Thanks for any help that could be rendered! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Whoops
Diseases of the skin can manifest anywhere in the genital region including the scrotum. The description of an 8mm lesion confined to a discrete area of scrotal skin  sounds very much like folliculitis ( inflammation of a hair follicle ). A sebaceous cyst with or without infection is also possible.  However a lump  possibly involving the testicle is concerning and should evaluated by a physician t.
The ringworm infection most likely is not related to the folliculitis. The lesion you describe does not sound like cancer. However you should go to your physician to be examined as there is no way for me to know conclusively without examining you myself. This will give you peace of mind and expedite your recovery. This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653 6568).
HFHS MD-KR
*keyword: testicle