HOW SICK CAN KIDNEY STONES MAKE YOU?
OK  SO TO ADD TO THE CONFUSION I ALSO AM SO TIERD ALL THE TIME NOW. COULD MY BODY BE GETTING TIERD FROM TRYING TO FIGHT OFF A KIDNEY STONE OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT? COULD THE STONE BE POISENING MY BODY OR KIDNEYS? CAN YOU DIE FROM STONES? IM JUST SO WORRIED THATS ALL
Hi.

I understand you are highly anxious about this.

When were you diagnosed with a kidney stone?

Have you been properly assessed along this line?  

Was a scan done to establish the presence of these stones?

Kidney stones may be asymptomatic depending on their size and the presence of underlying disease conditions like structural anomalies involving the urinary tract. They may present as a dull vague pain over the flank. They may present as a benign back pain. In some patients, the back may be slightly tender when the physician gently hits the area with closed fists.

The severe pain comes when the stone dislodges and travels along the ureters. The ureteral spasms may be causing these. Stones smaller that 5 mm may pass readily through the ureters and may be expelled during urination.

Discuss your concerns with your physician. Drink plenty of water and engage in regular exercises to improve circulation. In the presence of fever, abdominal pain or vomiting , an immediate consult is necessary.

Do you have any associated signs and symptoms at this point?

Any pain in urination or change in urinary frequency?
I WAS DIAGNOSED ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO WITH A 8MM STONE. THIS WAS DONE WITH A CAT SCAN. THE WILL NOT OPERATE BECAUSE DOCTORS SAY IT IS AN ELECTIVE SURGERY SO IM STUCK WITH CONSTANT PAIN. I HAVE NAUSIA ALOT AND PAIN IN MY BACK AND THEN THERE IS THE UNCONTROLLABLE URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS. I HAVE BEEN TAKING MACROBID AND SOME ANTIBIOTIC BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.