Urology Expert Forum
Hard Flaccid Penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Hard Flaccid Penis

Ok about 6 days ago I took cialis. After I took it I consumed a good amount of alcohol and also had sex. Everything seemed fine but the next day my penis was very uncomfortable, there was no pain just uncomfortable. Upon examination I noticed that my penis was in a flaccid state but hard. If I try to completely relax and not move I can almost get it to be soft and normal. I have masterbated twice since this and it seemed pretty normal. My morning erections have not been as usual, just not as hard. This is extremely uncomfortable for me. An example would be like making a fist with your hand all day long. Its driving me pretty crazy. I have read on this site and some others of people having this but not sure if this is exactly like theres. I have not seen a doctor yet but was wondering if anyone could help me. I have heard that taking L-Arginie might help but have not tried it.

Can you please help?
This sounds to be the follow-up after priapism. If  you had a prolonged erection (usually of several hours duration), then there may have been some inflammatory changes in your penis that you feel as the persistent firmness. You might consider an antinflammatory medication such as ibuprofen (if you can tolerate the medication) and I would avoid erections until this problem resolves and ceases being uncomfortable.
If the problem persist more than a few weeks, see a urologist.
I have not heard of L-arginine being of any benefit.
S.A.Liroff
Can anyone help with this?
You should be seen by a doctor. A prolonged erection can cause damage due to blood trapped in the penis. No fresh blood is circulating.
I don't know if it is the same as having injections to combat ED. If it is then a visit with a doctor is needed. An erection lasting more then 2 hours without the penis returning to it's falcid state does cause damage.

God bless,

Ron
hey my friend. i have also experienced this problem plenty of times. usually the worst of it comes when i drink alchohol. i end up getting a hard penis when im flacid and when i pee it hurts bad. it will stay there for a while with pain in the penis. i have been to a urologist and he says i have peyronies and that these certain symptoms with getting hard flacid and the pain with urination has nothing to do with it. he says my bladder is sensitive and that's why. so im not sure it sounds like a load of **** to me but he did confirm i have peyronies. please go to a urologist and tell me what news you get. it would be greatly appreciated! good luck =)