Urology Community
Hard Mass inside of scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hard Mass inside of scrotum

I am a 32 year old man.  When I was around 11 or 12, I first noticed a mass inside of my scrodum.  It sits near the top of my left Testicle but doesn't appear to be attached to it.  When I was 13 or 14, I had to get a physical for school so I could play sports, I mentioned the mass to my doctor.  He did an external exam and asked me if it caused me any pain.  When I said "No" he said that it wasn't anything to worry about but never did say what he thought it was.  

I have lived with it for the last 20 years and in that time it doesn't appear to have changed much at all unless it is growing with me.  It doesn't feel the same as my testicles.  I check myself in the shower for lumps and the testicles give slightly when pressure is applied to them...or to say it another way, you can mash them slightly.  This object, whatever it is is harder than my testicles, it doesn't give at all when pressure is applied.  It doesn't cause any pain or discomfort and hasn't since I first discovered it.  Obviously is isn't Cancerous at least yet or  would have surely had symptoms of some kind and would almost certainly be dead.  My concern though is can it become cancerous?  Since my doctor didn't tell me what the object is, I can't really do much research.  It sounds the most like a Epididymal Cyst being that it does sit very close to the top of my left testicle.  I understand that if it is an Epididymal Cyst then it is not dangerous and probably will not become cancer.  However, I also understand that Epididymal Cysts are rare in people under 35 and I have had this thing since I was 11 or 12.  I would to hear some thoughts about what this might be and if I should be concerned that it may become malignant.